About this policy
- This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members, how that information is used, how we keep it secure and the nature of your rights in relation to that information.
- If we record data inaccurately, these inaccuracies will be corrected by the Club and we’ll notify any other relevant parties immediately. However, members have the opportunity to update and amend data themselves online from the member portal within the Clubmate system used by Hassocks Angling.
- We will always do our best to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data, openly and honestly. Further details on the GDPR can be found at ico.org.uk.
- For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the “controller” of all personal data we hold about you.
Who we are
We are Hassocks and District Angling Society Ltd (hereafter Hassocks Angling or the club) Under GDPR legislation we act as the “controller” of member data.
What information we collect and why
- We collect information (including Member name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers and email address) so that Hassocks Angling can manage your membership of the Club in accordance with the various categories of membership we offer.
- Information stored relating to junior members age 13 – 16 years old will be held following receipt of a fully completed application form signed by a parent or guardian agreeing to the information being held. Any club-related communication with junior members will go via their parent or guardian.
- You have the right to access your personal data. Members who choose not to access their own data through the member portal of Clubmate can request either verbally or in writing to access their data and we will respond to such requests within one month. Please direct all requests of this nature to the Membership Secretary who will respond within the timescale. We’ll keep a record of each request received for administrative purposes.
- You have the right to have your personal data erased under certain circumstances. Note: if you elect to have your personal information erased this will immediately terminate your membership at no cost to Hassocks Angling).
- Photos you upload to Clubmate via the members portal for the purpose of inclusion within your membership ID card are processed by Digital ID a professional partner of Clubmate Ltd.
- Photos included within a paper application or renewal will be destroyed after scanning and uploaded to the Clubmate system by the Membership Secretary.
- We use photos submitted by members for inclusion on our website Gallery pages or social media pages to celebrate your catches and promote the club – members should supply only those photos (or videos) that they are happy to be included in this way. A member may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us by email or letter.
- We don’t store any sensitive bank or other financial information of members or anyone else making payment to the Club. All this information is stored by and processed by a third party payment provider Stripe which is fully regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
How we protect your data
- To protect members’ data it is stored within a third party management platform called Clubmate. Clubmate Ltd has put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to keep your data safe at all times. All club & member information is stored & maintained with multi-layered security provided by Microsoft Azure across physical data centres, infrastructure and operations. And when data is transferred between the Clubmate server and a user’s computer (whether an administrator or member), it uses the same SSL technology as banks and other financial institutions to ensure it remains protected. No sensitive financial information (for example, bank details, debit or credit card information etc) is ever seen, stored or transmitted by the Hassocks Angling or Clubmate. This data is always held securely by our highly regulated payment partner Stripe.
- In the unlikely event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk we will notify you promptly.
- If a Member suspects a breach of data protection has occurred, they should bring this to the attention one of the Club’s officers immediately.
- You have the right to take any complaints about how we control your personal data to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk).
Who else has access to the information you provide?
- We will never sell or rent out your personal information. We will not share your personal data with any third parties without your prior consent (which you are free to withhold) except where we are required to do so by law or as outlined above.
How long do we keep your information?
- Hassocks Angling will hold your personal data electronically within the Clubmate system for as long as you are a member of the Club and for as long afterwards as it is in the Clubs’ legitimate interest to do so, or for as long as is necessary in order to comply with any legal obligations. We will review your personal data every year to establish whether it can continue to be processed, and if we conclude we cannot continue we will stop any processing of your personal data.
- Information held for members who don’t renew their membership will be deleted from the database after 12 months from their lapsed membership and any associated written material appropriately and securely destroyed.
Hassocks and District Angling Society
19 Shermanbury Road
Worthing West Sussex BN14 7HR
Last Updated 23rd February 2022